Mucus is the annoyingly thick and sticky substance that helps to protect and support your respiratory system. It may seem unhygienic and quite useless to say the least, but its stickiness is a boon as it traps allergens, viruses, and dust. Hence, mucus is found on the lining of the nose, throat, mouth, sinuses, and the lungs. While mucus does not pose to be much of an irritant during normal days, it is quite the menace when we are sick. It tends to thicken when we are ill or exposed to foreign substances. Mucus sticking to the back of the throat causes immense discomfort and requires us to make frequent trips to the bathroom. Here are a few ways you can get rid of excessive mucus naturally and coughing up mucus will be made much easier.
Treatment for Mucus in the Throat
- Humidify the air
You can get rid of excessive mucus in the throat by humidifying the air. It helps in thinning down the mucus, making it easier to get rid of it in the bathroom. Getting a good air humidifier is a good start if you don’t know how to clear mucus. Please note that you need to change the water in the humidifier on a daily basis. Also, ensure that you clean the device according to the instructions mentioned in its packaging.
- Eucalyptus oil
Coughing up mucus is much easier when you use this oil as it helps soften the mucus in your throat. It is easily available online and is one of the best home remedies available.
- Drink lots of water
Apart from compensating for the amount of water lost through your runny nose, drinking lots of water will help move the stuck mucus from its place. It loosens the hold mucus has on the lining of the throat wall and makes coughing up mucus much easier.
- Gargle salt water
Gargling salt water is one up the best natural treatments to help rid you of mucus stuck to your throat lining. All you have to do is mix some salt with warm water and gargle it at least 2-3 times a day. It should help you get rid of mucus at the back of your throat. It can also help kill germs and soothe your throat.
While these tips go a long way in helping cough up mucus, you can also opt for medications if the going gets tough. Coughing up mucus is not a task, so follow these tips and you should be good to go!
- Humidify the air
A cyst is a round sac filled with fluid. This pouch of thin-walled tissue grows in the kidneys, the bean-shaped organs responsible for filtering waste out of the bloodstream. You may have one cyst on one kidney or many cysts on both the kidneys.
There are two types of cysts:
- Simple cysts
Such cysts contain fluid and generally do not cause any harm.
- Polycystic kidney disease
This is a progressive disease that can eventually lead to kidney failure.
Here, we will discuss some of the common causes and treatments of kidney cysts to help you gain a better understanding of the condition.
Before we get to the causes and treatments of kidney cysts, let’s look at some of the most common symptoms. It is important to note that a lot of times simple cysts do not cause any symptoms. They only occur if the cyst enlarges or gets infected.
- Pain and swelling in the upper abdomen
- Frequent urination
- Pain in the back or side between pelvis and ribs
- Dark urine
- Blood in the urine
Each kidney contains thousands of tiny tubules that carry urine. In case these tubes become swollen or blocked, they fill up with fluid and result in the formation of a cyst. Generally, as one gets older, the chances of developing cysts increase. On the other hand, polycystic kidney disease is an inherited condition, often caused due to a change in genes.
For an accurate diagnosis, you need to consult a urologist. He or she may take a blood or urine sample to see how well your kidneys are functioning. In addition, your doctor may get any of these three tests done:
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan
If the size of the cyst is small, it may not require any formal treatment. However, if the size expands, the two common treatments done are as follows:
This is a simple procedure that involves draining the cyst. The doctor will insert a thin needle through the skin into the cyst and drain out the fluid.
A large cyst is removed by laparoscopy by trained surgeons under the effect of anesthesia.
A lot of times, people mistake kidney cysts as kidney stones and begin with kidney stones treatment, which is extremely dangerous. However, it is important to understand the difference between the two and plan the line of treatment accordingly after medical consultation.
Now that you have understood the causes and treatments of kidney cysts, consult a doctor whenever you experience any symptoms.
- Simple cysts
Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a neurological disorder that causes “tingly,” “itchy,” and “pins and needles” sensations in the legs. The symptoms of RLS typically occur when a person is resting, sleeping, or sitting. Most of the times, it occurs at night. If you’d like to know how to stop RLS immediately, here is a list of some effective tips.
- Massaging the legs can give some sort of relief. In the evening, you can take a hot bath. Also, applying a cold and hot compress to the leg muscles will be helpful.
- Various medical studies on how to stop RLS immediately reflect the fact that diverting or distracting your mind can help to deal with it. Keep yourself engaged in some activities like watching television or reading a book.
- If you are suffering from RLS disorder, tai chi and yoga can be of great help. Make walking a part of your daily routine. Also, stretching your legs before sleeping is a good idea.
- As per different medical research reports on how to stop RLS immediately, a few changes in your diet may be effective. Try to have your dinner early and avoid strong or stimulating foods.
- Take control of your alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine intake. Avoiding these would be the best option. If that is too much, try not to consume any of these at least for several hours before you are off to bed.
- Spinach, kale, and asparagus are rich in nutrient folic acid that is not only good for health but also aid in dealing with RLS. Hence, it is advisable to add more such foods that include the above-mentioned ingredients.
- Vitamin B complex supplements, iron supplements, calcium, and folic acid supplements, easily available in the market, often help in curing RLS disorder. However, remember to consult a healthcare professional before you start having these supplements.
- The most important tip is to drink enough water. When you do not drink sufficient water, you may get dehydrated and this, in turn, aggravates RLS. Apart from water, you can also have a few cups of decaffeinated tea during the day.
These are some of the tips on how to stop RLS immediately. Other than the aforementioned relief methods, some herbal and pharmaceutical medications are available in the market. However, it is advisable to consult a medical expert before taking any medication.
The liver is an integral organ of the human body. Therefore, the health of the liver directly affects the well-being of an individual. Liver cirrhosis is a degenerative disorder in which the healthy cells get damaged, resulting in the formation of a scar. This, in turn, leads to a reduced functional ability of the liver. A few common causes of liver cirrhosis are excess and long-term alcohol abuse, and infection due to hepatitis virus. According to a study, every year, cirrhosis is responsible for about 31,000 deaths in the country.
A few common symptoms of liver cirrhosis are
- weight loss,
- a loss of appetite,
- skin problems, and
The 4 stages of liver cirrhosis
There are 4 stages of liver cirrhosis, and each one of them can be differentiated on the basis of severity of the disease and complications associated with it. Two important complications associated with liver cirrhosis are varices and ascites. Varices are enlarged veins, while ascites refers to fluid-accumulation in the abdominal cavity. Both of them are an indication of portal hypertension, which is caused due to a hindrance in the blood flow through the liver.
Stage 1 Cirrhosis
This is the stage when neither varices nor ascites occur. However, the liver is in a damaged condition, it is not very severe. The affected individual may feel extremely tired or may experience a lack of energy to carry on regular work.
Stage 2 Cirrhosis
In the second stage, portal hypertension worsens and varices develop in the esophagus. However, this stage can be partially reversed if the causes are known on time and an urgent medical help is provided.
Stage 3 Cirrhosis
In this stage, ascites develops and varices may be present. This stage is irreversible and generally requires a liver transplant.
Stage 4 Cirrhosis
Among the 4 stages of liver cirrhosis, this indicates an end-stage liver disorder. In this stage, the varices of the stomach and esophagus rupture and cause intestinal bleeding, which is an immediate danger to life. A liver transplant usually the only option here.
How to Deal With Liver Cirrhosis
If you have been diagnosed with any of the 4 stages of liver cirrhosis, here are a few strategies that you may need to follow:
- Avoid excess alcohol consumption
- Take multivitamins regularly
- Avoid nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medication as they can worsen the situation
- Go for a liver transplant, which is the last resort
The left side of your body has a number of important organs. Just under and around the left breast there are organs such as the spleen, stomach, pancreas, and large intestine. If you experience pain on the left breast, it could be a sign of something seriously wrong in your body. Let’s have a look at some of the issues that could be indicated through left breast pain in women.
- Heart attack
The heart is located around the center and the left side of the chest. Because of this, whenever women experience pain in their left breast, they think that it may be an indication of a heart attack and why shouldn’t they? The leading cause of death among the entire population is a heart attack. Tightness, squeezing, or pressure on the chest is an indication that you might be having a heart attack due to left breast pain.
The pericardium is the thin two-layered membrane that surrounds the outer part of the heart. You may experience a pain when this membrane rubs against the heart. Pericarditis is the inflammation of the pericardium. It can be caused by numerous autoimmune diseases. Some of them are preventable, others are not. One of the main indications that the left breast pain in women is pericarditis is a stabbing and sharp pain in the chest.
- Precordial catch syndrome
A precordial catch syndrome occurs when the nerves of the chest wall become irritated. This mainly happens in young adults and older children. This can happen due to a bad posture or an injury to the chest. It can mimic some of the signs of a heart attack. However, if the left breast pain in women is due to precordial catch syndrome, then this condition might get resolved on its own.
Pleurisy happens when the membrane that surrounds the lungs inside the chest cavity becomes inflamed and irritated. Some of its common causes could be a viral infection, bacterial infection, or flu. You will feel a stabbing pain in and around your left breast when pleurisy happens.
As stated earlier, some of the most important organs are there on the left side of the chest. So, whenever you feel pain on the left breast, you should take immediate action by consulting a doctor in order to prevent anything severe.
- Heart attack
The whitening of the teeth or dental teeth whitening is a very commonly known and practiced phenomenon. It is done because the enamel layer of one tooth or multiple teeth starts to erode due to time or other issues such as a dental cavity and other dental problems. Irrespective of what the problem is, if someone wants to get their teeth whitened, then modern technology makes it very easy for you to go for it. Yellowish teeth do not create a very good impression on people, and that is one of the reasons why people decide to do it. Some other reasons why people would go for dental teeth whitening are as follows:
- To remove stains – The stains on the teeth caused by food items like soda, coffee, or other things like smoking or wine can be removed by a dental teeth whitening process.
- To aid in smoking cessation – If an active smoker is trying to give up smoking but is finding it stressful and hard going, then he or she can have their teeth whitened. It would be a step towards achieving their goal. They would not want to spoil their new white teeth with cigarette stains on them, and it would be dually beneficial.
- For special occasions – Often, there are events like a wedding, job interview, or even a class reunion where people want to look their absolute best. That’s when they opt for a dental teeth whitening session.
- Before job interviews – A bright and white smile goes a long way to uplift one’s confidence, and it would help to create an excellent first impression when someone is going for a job interview or any other kind of interview.
- To boost confidence – Yellow teeth can often cause a lot of embarrassment. On the contrary, the self-esteem of a person increases manifold when they have a great smile and white teeth.
The ones who are wise enough to invest in a better smile are also known to have better oral hygiene and they maintain such standards for a pretty long time. The fact that these patients care about the look of their teeth and their overall dental health makes them invest time in brushing, flossing, and visiting the dentist regularly. These steps are the best-known ways to improve one’s oral health and prevent diseases while whitening his or her teeth simultaneously.
Each organ in our body has its own importance. We may not understand the importance of the organ unless it fails to function properly. For example, it is only when you develop kidney-related problems that you will understand how painful the process can be. Even though you will need medical attention from your health care provider to deal with kidney-related diseases, a change in the diet plan will also help you heal better. The doctors also recommend kidney diet plans that will ensure a speedy recovery in the process.
Some of the important ingredients of a kidney diet plan have been mentioned below:
- Cauliflower: One of the important ingredients of a kidney diet plan that helps in the speedy recovery of the disease is cauliflower. It contains Vitamin C, K, and B. It has anti-inflammatory compounds that can take away the swelling in your kidney. If you are fond of having mashed potatoes as a side dish, the use of mashed cauliflower will easily help in replacing the high-carbohydrate diet and will be beneficial for your kidney too.
- Blueberries: We all love the use of blueberries in cookies and smoothies of our choice. But did you know that these berries are filled with antioxidants that can help in the recovery of the kidney? It has a low level of sodium, potassium, and phosphorus that should be avoided when you have any kind of kidney problems.
- Sea bass:
Sea bass is full of Omega-3 fatty acids that are helpful for the healthy working of the body. It can help in reducing inflammation to a large extent. Even though it is high in phosphorus, the other properties of sea bass will help in compensating for the loss due to kidney issues. You can have the fish in a controlled portion, once in a while. For example, if you use 3 ounces of sea bass in a day, it will not cause much harm to you.
- Red grapes:
This royal fruit is rich in Vitamin C and contains antioxidants that help in recovering from the problem that you are facing in your kidney. It is one of the best-recommended items included in the kidney diet plan by the doctors. You can have about half a cup of red grapes every day for fighting with the infection in a better way.
What is itchy skin?
Itchy skin is an uncomfortable sensation whose behavioral response creates a scratch reflex. This skin condition can appear in any part of the body and usually comes with symptoms like redness, dryness or scaly texture. Prolonged itchy skin may also lead to infection and skin injury. If the condition persists for more than two weeks, it is advisable to visit a dermatologist.
Causes of itchy skin
Causes of itchy skin can vary from infections to allergies and skin and medical disorders.
- Dry skin – Skin dryness can be caused by weather change, exposure to chemicals, and reaction to certain medication or bathing habits. This itchy skin with no rash condition can be treated by application of moisturizers, as lotions or creams and bathing with moisturizing soap. Drinking ample water to keep skin hydrated is very important.
- Food allergy – This allergy is caused when the body’s immune system doesn’t cope with inappropriate substances in food or drinks. Following this, rashes can develop on the skin causing itchiness. Some foods that people may be allergic to are seafood like prawns, dairy products, and soy products. The treatment is to identify the possible cause of the problem and avoid consuming those foods.
- Insect bites – Insect bites can cause injection of certain acids into the skin, thereby causing immediate swelling, rashes, and itchy skin. Application of ointments can reduce itchiness and redness.
- Varicella – Chickenpox, or varicella, is a contagious disease caused by varicella roster virus. It causes a typical skin rash that forms small, itchy blisters, which tend to scab over after few days.
- The final stage of renal disease – Due to the inability of kidneys, the body tends to retain waste material in it, thereby causing an itchy skin among various other problems. The common symptoms include ulcers and butterfly-shaped rash on face, which may worsen with sun exposure.
- Biliary – This is caused by injury to gallstones, gallbladder or liver resulting in the extremely itchy skin along with yellowing of urine, skin, nails, and eyes. This can cause further infection.
- Eczema – Eczema is a group of diseases that cause inflammation of the skin, typically with itchy skin and red rash. It can be treated with steroid creams.
- Hives – It is an inflammation which is caused by the release of histamine, a chemical in the body. This secretion results in small blood vessels to leak which causes the skin to swell. Exposure to sun and extreme weather and allergies trigger the condition and cause itchy skin with blisters and small bumps.
Our feet are made up of small bones, ligaments, tendons, and muscles. Slightest of injury or pain in the foot can cause a significant problem in walking around or even stepping down from the bed. The change in lifestyle has reduced physical activities to a large extent. We prefer using a mode of transport to get from one point to another. Since there is no way of relaxing or exercising the feet, it may rupture with a slight jerk or injury. Sometimes people complain of the bottom-of-foot-pain constantly. It can be due to many reasons.
What are the causes of heel pain?
Sometimes, when you put too much pressure on the foot by exerting it beyond the scope, it may lead to problems in the plantar fascia ligament. It is the largest ligament in the foot that is the root cause for the bottom-of-foot-pain. The problem occurs when the ligament is ruptured irreversibly, and it is known as plantar fasciitis. In some cases, people may stumble on an uneven surface and not pay attention to the foot for a long time. Your foot may have a sprain or strain that is left unattended and may cause the bottom-of-foot-pain. Other probable causes include Achilles tendonitis and reactive arthritis.
When to contact the doctor?
Generally, most of these problems can be reversed if you give an ample amount of rest to your feet and massage them gently so that the blood circulation increases to ensure that it gets healed eventually. In other cases, it is best to contact a doctor in case of the bottom-of-foot-pain. Some of the common reasons for visiting the doctor in this regard include:
- If you are in severe pain
- If you observe redness in your heel
- If you have extreme trouble in moving around
- If the pain has increased suddenly
How to treat the problem?
The best way to treat this problem is to give it rest. You can rest your foot with the help of a cushion under your feet for support. Taking the prescribed medication for arthritis will also help you in the long run. If the pain is too severe, then you must go for surgery with the recommendation of the doctor. But in most of the cases, the problem is usually solved with the help of medication and proper relaxation of the foot for some time.
Normally, most people neglect their eyes when they function well. However, there is a complex process that goes on in order to make your eyes work smoothly. If there is any sort of dysfunction in any of the components of the eyes, then you may start panicking because you may start seeing things double. Well, this is a serious issue and be sure to visit an eye doctor promptly in order to prevent any serious damage to your eyes.
Here are certain causes of double vision that you should be aware of.
Head injuries are one of the main causes of double vision. If you have suffered a head injury, you might start seeing things double for some time. You must see an eye doctor, where he or she may recommend you to visit a neurologist or neurosurgeon for further treatment.
Keratoconus or a cone-shaped cornea or corneal dysfunction could be one of the causes of double vision. These ghost images are very hard to manage. However, your eye specialist might be able to help you to figure out the exact treatment for this issue.
When you have undergone a refractive surgery such as LASIK or PR which will help you to see better without glasses or lenses, you may start having double vision due to the changes in the cornea. An irregular corneal surface might scatter the light rays without focusing appropriately.
Many people who suffer from dry eyes can have double vision due to low-quality tears. Those who suffer from dry eyes could get relief with an eye drop, eye vitamins or a combination of all these.
Cataracts are one of the primary causes of double vision. Because of the clouding in front of the natural lenses, the light could get scattered around. This will inevitably lead to double images or a ghost vision. However, you can eliminate this issue with the help of a cataract surgery.
Double vision could be a sign that something abnormal is happening in your brain and nervous system and therefore, it requires the attention of a doctor. He or she may ask you to undergo a complete eye evaluation in order to find out the actual cause of the problem, and subsequently suggest the right treatment plan.
If you finally decided to embark on the weekend getaway you have been planning since forever, you’ll definitely want everything to be in order. To ensure that you don’t experience hassles when you reach your destination, it is advisable to make hotel reservations beforehand. Gone are the days when getting hotel reservations was a daunting task; you would have to reach your destination, find a nice hotel, select a room, and pay at the front desk. However, these days, as everything has been transferred to the online realm, making hotel reservations has become extremely easy.
All you have to do is look for an online travel agency, browse through the different hotels, and choose the one that you find practical and within your budget. One such online travel agency that has made more than 5,000,000 reservations till date is HotelGuides™.
If you are still unsure about making reservations via a travel agency, here are some reasons why you should book your next hotel through HotelGuides™.
One of the major inhibitions that people harbor is the authenticity of the travel website. Moreover, if you pay for making the reservation, and it doesn’t come through, you will have a tough time finding a hotel when you reach your destination. Also, several travel sites charge cancellation fees when you make last-moment cancellations. However, HotelGuides ™ doesn’t charge fees on cancellation.
HotelGuides™ offers the lowest rates when it comes to booking hotel rooms. However, if within 24 hours of booking via this travel site, you find a lower, comparable rate for the same hotel on a different website, they will pay you the difference plus $10.
HotelGuides™ ranks high when it comes to customer satisfaction. In case you aren’t satisfied with the hotel you have booked through the site, they will give a refund up to the cost of one night’s stay in the particular hotel room.
Unlike other travel sites where you have to pay upfront when the reservation is confirmed, you can use your credit card directly at the hotel you’ll be staying. In fact, 95 percent of the reservations do not require the site users to make any form of payment in advance.
Prompt customer service
Another reason to book hotels through HotelGuides ™ is that they offer excellent customer service. All the email questions and telephone calls are answered promptly, and therefore, you won’t be left helpless in your hour of need.
Fluid-filled sacs in the joints called bursae surround the areas where tissues, tendons, and the skin meets bones. The main aim of bursae is to provide enough lubrication and reduce friction while moving. Bursitis is basically a type of inflammation of this fluid-filled sac. When the bursae get inflamed, it causes extreme pain and discomfort around the affected joints. A serious implication of bursitis includes life-altering issues like limited joint movements, and the like.
One of the leading causes of bursitis includes injury or damage to the bursae that may further trigger symptoms like pain, inflammation, redness, and soreness along the affected area. While there are several types of bursitis, each of these may have different causes of bursitis. Some of the popular causes of bursitis have been listed below.
Causes of bursitis in case of prepatellar
Prepatellar bursitis is caused due to tear or damage in the kneecap that causes swelling. Some of the other causes of bursitis include sports-related activities, bending the knees often, straining the knees for longer hours, bleeding in the bursae or some infection.
This is a type of bursitis that may be caused due to persistent resting of the elbows on hard surfaces or a hard blow to the olecranon. Repeated pressure on the elbows or physical damage of the bursae are the top two causes of bursitis.
Trochanteric bursitis causes
This type of bursitis is usually triggered by bouts of pain and inflammation in the hips. This kind of inflammation may be caused due to prolonged periods of lying on the hips, injury to the hip, wrong sitting or standing posture, diseases like arthritis, joint infections, and the like.
Activities like running, jumping, rigorous physical exercise, and the like may be the main causes of bursitis in the heels. Often, many people tend to exercise without adequate stretches and warm-ups, this can be one of the causes of bursitis. Several people may also experience bursitis due to tight shoes.
Other causes of bursitis
Often, people with systemic diseases and conditions like arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, and diabetes may be at a higher risk of developing bursitis. Obesity, being overweight, and inactive are other common causes of bursitis that may increase the danger of the disease around the hip and the knees. Often people engaged in occupations like painting, gardening, tile setting, garden laying, and the like are at a greater risk of having bursitis.
There are several reasons why some women feed their newborns formula instead of breast milk. For many women, breastfeeding may not be possible for several reasons. The reasons can range from illness to postpartum depression, lack of sufficient production of breast milk etc. For these women, formula-feeding can be a real boon. But when you buy the best of formula for your infant, it can add to your expenses. This is when you can save money using Similac printable coupons.
If you already use coupons to lower your monthly grocery expenditure, you will find it easy to collect Similac printable coupons. But even if you have never used coupons to buy groceries or household products, you can quickly learn to find the best deals to help you.
â€¢ To begin with, you can check for Similac printable coupons at your local grocery store. Learn what deals are available and how often you can utilize them for the most discounts on formulas.
â€¢ Many websites make discount coupons available on a regular basis. On these sites, you can easily find deals for formula and other baby products.
â€¢ Most stores that exclusively sell baby products will also provide and/or accept discount coupons. Check the social media pages of these stores to know well in advance about upcoming discounts and to find coupons available online. Also, look for deals at online retailers selling baby products. These companies offer discounts on their product range and when you combine these with your Similac printable coupons, you can significantly increase your savings.
Why Similac Printable Coupons?
â€¢ There are many types of formula in the market. And like every other product out there, not all formula brands contain the best of ingredients. When you are buying formula for your baby, you need to go with one of the best available in the market. This is why collecting Similac printable coupons is a good idea. The company makes different types of formula keeping in consideration different needs of babies.
â€¢ With Similac, you can buy formulas with extra nourishment for strengthening your baby’s immune system. Similac products also contain all the nutrients needed for growth of babies at different stages of their life.
â€¢ Similac makes formulas for toddlers also. So, you can easily switch your infant to more nutritionally-appropriate feeding options from the same brand after a year or two. The company also makes other products for toddlers like fruit and vegetable purees to support your child’s growth. You can use your Similac printable coupons for any of the company’s products available for infants and toddlers.
â€¢ The company makes and markets supplements for expecting and new mothers also. So, your discount deals can come handy in also buying nourishment for you as well.
â€¢ When you save money using Similac printable coupons, you can utilize the same for buying other essential things for your baby such as diapers, toiletries and clothes.