Gone are the days when tablets offered mediocre performance and only basic features. Today, tablets are as good as miniature laptops. You can buy them for your personal use or give them to your children for school work and entertainment. Here is our list of the best tablets for kids.
Apple iPad 10.2 2020
Apple iPad 2020 is easily one of the best tablets for kids. This model comes with a super-fast A12 Bionic processor and works stress-free. You can add a screen guard to protect the device and give it to your kids for their school work or to catch up on the latest videos. The best advantage of this tablet is that it can double up as your work gadget when needed. Besides, it is among the more affordable Apple laptops in the market.
Amazon Fire 7
If you are on a very tight budget, Amazon Fire 7 is one of the best tablets you can buy for your kids. The device has pretty decent front and back cameras and a microSD slot too. It weighs just 0.6 pounds and can be easily handled by your little ones at home. If you think your kids are too young to use expensive tablets, this model is a perfect pick.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7
This is another top tablet for kids due to its affordability and quality. The Galaxy Tab is slim and comes with a 10.4 inch HD screen and 32 GB storage. Your kids can easily take video classes through the tab or listen to songs and rhymes.
Lenovo Tab M10 Plus
This 10.3-inch FHD tablet runs on Android and comes with 64 GB storage and 4 GB RAM. The model is also equipped with two microphones, one at the front and the other at the back, and two side speakers. You can also choose Kids Mode on the gadget to hide unsafe websites, content, and apps.
Fire HD 8 Kids
With an 8-inch HD display, the Fire HD 8 Kids tablet is perfect for children between three and seven. This comes with a two-year warranty and a protective case too. Free online books, audiobooks, games, videos, and other kid-friendly apps come preloaded on the tablet, making it one of the easiest and best tablets for kids.
Make a note of all these best tablets for kids and pick a suitable model for your child. Age-appropriate gadgets really make a difference!
Smart clothing is a type of wearable technology that is still being explored by various markets. Its fabric is implanted with interactive technology which is primarily used for tracking fitness goals. And even though it’s not mainstream as yet, it undoubtedly has a lot of potential to be the next decade’s most sought-after product. Therefore, thrilled with the possibilities of smart clothing, several manufacturers today have come up with their original products.
If you are wondering how this such kind of wearable technology can be beneficial for you, then read further.
- Ease – For some people, wearing a fitness tracker around the wrists or the arm can be extremely uncomfortable. This is because it can retain a lot of sweat around the area and cause skin irritation. On the other hand, smart clothing comes in various apparel forms which are highly inconspicuous and light. The best part about these is that brands have scaled several heights to make them incredibly comfy. So, you won’t even notice the difference between regular and smart clothing.
- Accurate numbers – Typically, statistics projected on most wearable technology products are correct. However, at times devices can process faulty information which always fuels the debate about how reliable they can be for fitness monitoring purposes. Smart clothing has an added advantage, i.e., the sensors within are much closer to the body so that they can offer precise data about exercise regimes and pulse rates.
- Additional data – Apart from the standard heart rate and motion tracking, currently some smart clothing brands are trying to take a comprehensive approach by monitoring the respiration rate as well. This can be extremely valuable as it gives you an insight into how you should manage your workout schedules as well as time-outs. For instance, if you do yoga exercises daily, smart clothing can be used to observe your breathing patterns, so that you can get better at executing complex postures.
- Healthcare applications – Not just for tracking your workout regimes, such wearable technology is also making its way in the healthcare sector. It can be used for keeping an eye on the infant’s breathing patterns and heart rates. Similarly, a few companies have come up with apparels that could help detect cardiovascular diseases.
- Convenience – Most smart clothing variants have to be washed by hand after detaching the monitoring devices from it. However, you can find products that have washable sensors, but at this point, this feature is only offered by a handful of brands. However, there is a good chance that brands in future will manufacture waterproof apparels to accommodate such consumer preferences.
- Connectivity – Like fitness wristbands, even smart clothing effortlessly connects to your smartphone. Not just for stats, some products can also utilize a social media space for active sharing. Some brands have also incorporated the feature of GPS tracking.
These products also termed as e-textiles, and are available in the form of shoes, bras, running shorts, suits, dresses, socks, trousers, jackets, etc. Besides fitness, smart clothing is increasingly becoming a subject of intrigue for ultra-modern fashion. So, in the coming years, they might be regular apparel to be seen on the store racks.
Hexoskin, Samsung NFC suit, Owlet Smart Sock 2, Nadi X yoga pants, SUPA Powered Sports Bra, Lumo Run, Levi’s x Google Jacquard Jacket, MyZone Sports Bra, Athos, Sensoria running socks 2.0, Neopenda smart baby hat, etc. are some of the popular products that you can consider buying. All of the wearable technology products mentioned vary according to the purpose and budget.
Apart from smart clothing, you can also explore different forms of wearable technology such as smart jewelry, intelligent wristbands and headbands, and smart watches, etc.
Portable audio and video players are entertainment devices for on-the-go. For people who want to listen to music while they work out, or watch movies or television series during their long commute to work, portable audio and video devices are one of the must-have devices. These devices have a large storage space for multimedia. Although smartphones have now incorporated all the features of such devices, the multimedia applications on these phones do drain the battery. In such cases, using a dedicated multimedia device such as a portable audio and video device can be handy. These devices are available in various sizes and with different features. Here are a few things to look for while buying a portable audio and video player:
- Size of the device: The size of the screen and the body determines the size of the portable audio and video device. If you are planning to watch a lot of videos (movies and series), you should buy a device with a larger screen size. A small screen will ruin the viewing experience as you would not be able to make out most of the details of the video that you are watching. If you want a portable audio and device mostly for listening to music while you work out or run, you will prefer a device that is lighter and smaller in size to be easily carried along. The price of your device will greatly depend on the size. A device with a larger size will cost more.
- Battery life of the device: The battery life of your portable audio and video device is one of the most important factors you should consider while buying one. A longer battery life will ensure that you can enjoy listening to your music or watching movies for a longer time without recharging the device. If you look at the specifications of most portable audio and video devices, you will notice that there are separate battery ratings for audio playback and video playback. Usually, audio playback runs longer than video playback on a single recharge. Pick your portable audio and video device based on how you plan to use it.
- Storage capacity: A majority of the portable media players come with the option of storing media files on external devices such as flash memory, hard drives, and removable flash cards. Some portable devices have their own internal memory storage. Along with this, most devices have expandable memory. More memory may mean an increase in price.
- Control functions: Control functions of portable media devices include playback, stop, pause, fast forward, and rewind of media files. Control functions also let you navigate through the media files of the device. Control functions also include volume control and advanced functions such as renaming files, sorting them, deleting them, etc. Buttons or touchscreen or both provide control functionality in portable audio and video devices. Portable players with touchscreen cost more than the one with buttons.
- The interface of the device: A portable audio and video portable device should have a user-friendly interface. The interface should be easy for the user to navigate through the various controls of the device. The interface includes various control functions and other visual cues on the device. Pick a device that has a simple interface that lets you find all the controls and navigate through the device quickly.
- Playback features of the device: This includes the various formats of the media files in your device. Make sure that your portable audio and video device supports at least the basic file formats that includes music files, video files, as well as photos. For a better experience, look for a player that supports advanced formats of media files as well.
Wearable technology has evolved by leaps and bounds over the last few years. Fitness trackers are some of the most commonly used gadgets in the world of wearable technology. From monitoring your activity levels throughout the day to checking whether you are getting enough sleep and ensuring that you get timely updates of all notifications from your smartphone, there are several things that fitness trackers do. But what exactly should you look for in your fitness tracker? How can you find the right one for your needs? Well, let’s look at some factors that one needs to look for in a fitness tracker.
If you have an iPhone, you should understand that not all fitness trackers in the market are iOS compatible. So, operating system compatibility should be the first thing to consider. The version of Android or iOS supported is also an important aspect to look into.
Durability and build quality
Not everyone might need a fitness tracker that they can wear while swimming or diving but having these modes means that the tracker comes with a durable waterproof build. So, you can wear it all day and during all weather conditions. There should also be a robust strap that does not bend and break easily.
?Some fitness trackers come with automatic workout modes that can sense even sports, swimming, and so much more. Consider the purpose for which you are picking a fitness tracker and decide whether you should be paying extra simply for the sake of a few extra workout modes.
Personal Activity Intelligence or PAI is a smart feature that senses your activity levels and automatically suggests fitness goals for optimum heart health. This is a handy feature to motivate you to stay active.
Having a full-touch display allows quicker and more convenient navigation. It should also be a bright display, preferably OLED, especially for outdoor use on a bright sunny day.
Like the menu on the tracker itself, the app interface should be easy and intuitive. From the graphical representation of the captured data to convenient navigation to historical data, there are several features that make a fitness tracker’s mobile app practical to use.
Besides the above-mentioned features, you should be sure that the fitness tracker comes with good battery life. The best fitness trackers of 2021 can last for a few days before needing to be charged again.
Considering the above parameters when you choose from the fitness trackers of 2021, you are left with a reliable workout companion. This would be a gadget that helps you stay motivated in your fitness journey.
Fitness trackers and smartwatches might be the current rage in the market, but another form of wearable technology that is becoming increasingly popular is smart jewelry. Sounds interesting, right? This innovative variant combines the aesthetics and intelligence in the most practical manner. However, they all differ in terms of features and design. So, some of them might be used as fitness trackers while others might be designed for smartphone connectivity. When it comes to the form, you can find them as bracelets, necklaces, and rings. The one you pick solely depends on what fulfills your purpose. If you are not acquainted with the smart jewelry, then read further to get an insight into some of the most popular products in the market.
- Bellabeat Leaf Urban – This piece of wearable technology is an elegant fitness tracker that monitors your daily activities, sleeping habits, reproductive and mental health. Depending on your lifestyle, this device can predict stress and motivate you to pursue deep breathing and meditation via alerts. Bellabeat Leaf Urban’s geometric structure is designed using stainless steel and water-resistant wood. Priced at $139 approximately, Bellabeat Leaf Urban can be worn as neckpiece or a bracelet. You can find it in rose gold and silver colors.
- Tory Burch Fitbit – Looking for something ultrachic? Then try Tory Burch’s designer bands for Fitbit Flex 2. This designer bracelet houses your Flex device in the most stylish way possible. You can find these bands in stainless steel and leather variants in beautiful colors. On the other hand, the wearable technology used consists features like a smart tracker for all-day activities and sleeping, phone notifications and long battery life. Its waterproof design makes it perfect for swimmers. However, it is to be noted that both these elements are sold separately.
- Ringly Luxe – The finger ring offered by Ringly Luxe is created with a pyramid-cut purple jade on a gold-plated base. It tracks physical activity and provides smartphone connectivity with customized alerts. Its battery lasts for one to two days, depending on usage. This water-resistant model helps you relax with guided audio meditation and breathing exercises to subside stress. It costs around $165.
- Sona Bracelet by Caeden – This beautifully designed tracker can be easily mistaken for a wristwatch. Apart from observing physical movements it also has a one of a kind heart sensor that gauges your stress fluctuations and predicts your overall health condition. It also offers five specially tailored calming techniques to cope with tension. Sona Bracelet is valued at $199 and is offered in three colors, i.e., rose gold, gunmetal, and gold.
- Senstone – Designed like a little charm jewelry, Senstone is a different concept altogether. It’s not a tracker but a type of wearable technology that records your voice and translates it into text via its smartphone app. These recordings can be related to your to-do lists, weekly goals, personal diary, etc. It can be donned as a brooch, neckpiece or bracelet. You can get this product for $145.
- Watch Hunger Stop Michael Kors Reade – This special edition tracker by Michael Kors is available in rose gold and gunmetal shades. It is put together using stainless steel, glass, leather, and mother of pearl. Apart from looking fashionable, this device keeps a tab on your physical activities, sleep and assists you in designing useful health goals. You can buy it for $145 approximately.
Apart from the six popular smart jewelry pieces mentioned above, you can checkout Misfit Bloom, Ringly Luxe Smart Bracelet, 5. Ringly Luxe Smart Bracelet, Michael Kors Access Bracelet, etc. These wearable technology products can be found in stores as well as on e-commerce websites. However, before shopping, ensure that you check the features, prices as well the consumer reviews to make the best pick.
Fitness trackers are undoubtedly one of the most popular types of wearable technology. They have massively evolved over the last few years and have incorporated intelligent features which make monitoring health a lot easier. However, the models vary according to every consumer’s needs. If you are on a lookout for such wearable technology but don’t know where to start from, then begin by shortlisting the kind of features you’d fancy. The following are some of the most sought-after features that can be found in current fitness tracker variants, which will help you pick the best.
- Pedometer – This is the most basic feature any fitness tracker possesses, i.e., it measures the number of steps taken throughout the day. These basically act as a reminder and can motivate you to increase your physical movement on a daily basis. Currently, many fitness tracker models also house useful data like the amount of distance covered and calories burnt.
- Calorie count – Based on the data from the pedometer, the calorie count feature can inform you about the estimated calories you have lost. You can also monitor your calorie intake through the day with the help of the smartphone app. You just have to key in what you’ve had for meals. The results can assist you in making some necessary alterations in your diet for weight management purposes.
- Sleep tracker – Wearable technology today wants to assess all the health factors comprehensively. So, many brands have introduced a sleep tracker which evaluates your quality of sleep. With the help of the sensors, it not only determines how much sleep time did you cover but also gives information about how many times you woke up through the night. If you notice any issues in your slumber period, then you can readjust your routine to rest better.
- Pulse monitor – Certain fitness tracker models also have sensors that record the heart rate. This can be an excellent feature for athletes or people with health problems. By realizing how hard your heart has to work, you can customize your exercise regime to perform better.
- Alarms – If you happen to be someone who despises the shrill sound of alarms, then you should get a fitness tracker that has a silent alarm feature. It’s simple, you just wear it while sleeping and it will gently buzz to wake you up.
- Goal dashboard – Almost all fitness trackers have their own smartphone apps. These apps contain vital statistics about your health. You can also set daily or weekly targets. On the completion of your fitness goals, you receive a congratulatory message which you can share with family and friends. If you wish, you can also pursue collective goals with fellow users.
- Smartphone notifications – You can easily miss some of the important calls through the day. A fitness tracker prevents this situation by projecting notifications if you get a call, email, or text. This can be especially useful while you are traveling or working.
- Battery life – A fitness tracker doesn’t need recharging on a daily basis. Some fitness trackers have a battery life up to five days. But this can differ according to every consumer’s usage patterns.
- Waterproof – There are wearable technology brands which specifically manufacture a waterproof design for swimmers. Moreover, if you are looking for something simpler, then you can also find water-resistant models in the market.
All the wearable technology brands may not offer the features mentioned above, so determine the best combination that works for you. For instance, if you need a something that keeps you active through the day, then a simple fitness tracker with a pedometer and smartphone connectivity will do. Moreover, if you are an athlete, then you will need an advanced model which will keep an overall track of your fitness regime.
Tag – Wearable Technology
Over the past few years, there has been an explosion in the wearable tech industry. But many of us are still wondering “what exactly is a wearable tech?” And it is justifiable as this form of technology is still relatively new, and it is gradually targeting the mainstream markets. In simple terms, wearable technology is a hands-free device that can be worn by consumers on the wrist, arms, or face which can be connected to smartphones. Its purpose? Such devices primarily are used to track vital data about health and fitness. Apart from quantifying physical activities, numerous variants are used to provide information about calls, texts, e-mails, app notifications, etc. Currently, several professional domains are utilizing wearable technology to enhance productivity at their workplace.
Are you planning to purchase a wearable gadget for yourself? Then, here are some of the top benefits of wearable technology that you must be aware of. These will help you make better shopping choices.
- Connectivity – As mentioned earlier, wearable technology intelligently links to smartphones. These can notify you about incoming calls, messages, app alerts, etc. This liberates you from the hassle of checking your mobile every now and then. Some have also gone one step ahead and coupled them with home appliances like air conditioners to modify the temperatures. If you ever lose your smartphone, the technology can also be used to trace its location.
- Monitors health – Many wearable technology products are marketed for their health and fitness tracking features. Such devices are useful for athletes, fitness buffs, or people who merely want to keep an eye on their body’s daily activity levels. Such wearable technology monitors how many steps you have taken or how much distance have you covered in a day. When linked with its smartphone app, it will draw statistics about your calorie levels, pulse rate, daily targets, and weight management. You can even put it on while sleeping as it analyzes the quality of your slumber time.
- Safety – Some forms of wearable technology offer vital safety features which notify the network to coordinate with first responders. Such feature narrows down the location, gathers audio via your smartphones, and also tracks the speed of your movements.
- Aesthetics – The wearable technology industry has undoubtedly identified the significance of beautiful designs. Like they have evolved their features, brands have also taken the effort to modify their products to be compact, vibrant, and classy so that they could easily pass off as accessories. Aesthetics might not be a priority, but they are a fantastic incorporation in wearable tech.
- Innovation – Not just for conventional markets, wearable technology has even entered the healthcare sectors. Its innovative mechanism is used to target a number of diseases. Moreover, they can also be used by medical professionals to receive notifications about emergencies. Although, it is yet to be popular, as not all medical facilities are equipped with the much-needed technological infrastructure.
It is also increasingly gaining momentum in specific types of workplaces to raise productivity among employees.
- Motivation – The progress charts provided by the wearable technology can often be motivating. This is because it records the real-time data which can be accessed anytime to see the growth so far. For instance, a runner can assess their progress or setbacks to achieve their goals efficiently. Similarly, in professional settings, employees too can access their performance. This can aid in identifying their strengths as well as areas of improvement to increase output.
If you are fascinated by the idea of wearable technology, you can consider buying products from popular brands like Apple, Fitbit, Garmin, Samsung, Xiaomi, Tomtom, Polar, Philips, Lumo, etc. All of these companies specialize in different types of gadgets. You can select the ones which suit your needs the best.
Tag – wearable technology
Muscle pain, also known as myalgia, can affect the entire body or specific regions. Almost everyone experiences such pain at some point in their life. While it can be treated, knowing the cause is essential to develop a treatment plan. The pain could be triggered by various factors, including injury, trauma, and even severe diseases or infections. Read on to learn about the five most common health conditions that may cause muscle pain.
Lupus is an autoimmune disease that causes inflammation and pain throughout the body. Muscle aches and pains are widespread in people with the condition. It is usually the first symptom that causes people to seek diagnosis and treatment. When lupus and muscle ache exist together, it is called lupus myositis. Patients may experience severe pain and inflammation in their shoulders, upper arms, hips, and thighs. This can make it difficult for them to get up from a chair, climb stairs, or brush their hair. Although muscles do not weaken in lupus, the pain can be intense.
This is an autoimmune disease that damages the nerves in the body. Sometimes, it affects the nerves that control muscle movement, causing acute pain. The muscles usually become stiff or weak and trigger painful muscle contractions. This pain usually occurs in the arms and legs, affecting the ability to sit, stand, walk, or move about easily.
Myofascial pain syndrome
This is a chronic disorder that affects the musculoskeletal system. It can impact either a single muscle or a muscle group. Some people with myofascial pain syndrome experience muscle pain occasionally, while the problem persists for others. The pain appears in specific trigger points in the body that usually develop in the upper back, neck, or shoulder muscles. It gets worse when the affected muscle is stretched or strained. The trigger points may feel like small bumps or knots in the muscle.
Muscle pain, weakness, and cramping are common in people with hypothyroidism, a prevalent disorder where the thyroid gland does not release sufficient thyroid hormone into the bloodstream. It mainly affects larger muscles, like those in the thighs and shoulders. Alternatively, the overproduction of thyroid hormones, or hyperthyroid myopathy, affects muscles throughout the body. This can lead to problems climbing stairs, holding objects, or reaching arms above the head. Some experience weakness in the throat, face, and respiratory muscles. There are treatments for hyperthyroidism, but it can take weeks or months for muscle cramps and stiffness to improve.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a prevalent autoimmune disease where the immune system affects the joints, causing inflammation and swelling. If the inflammation prevents a person from moving the joints, the muscles around them get stiff and sore. The pain that arises differs from the typical joint pain that primarily affects specific joints on both sides of the body. The intensity of pain also varies among individuals. When such muscle pain arises along with rheumatoid arthritis, the condition is called rheumatoid myositis. The common symptoms are weakness, swelling, and pain in the muscles. This health condition accelerates the loss of muscle mass that usually occurs as people age.
Muscle pain with loss of motion is a red flag to watch out for. But in most cases, it can be effectively managed with the right treatment. If muscle pain or cramping affects the back, one can get relief by applying a pain-relieving patch. Back patches help manage pain, improve movement, and speed up recovery. They are also available in XL sizes that target maximum surface area. Individuals should consult a healthcare provider if the problem worsens or persists without an apparent cause.
Bathrooms are an integral part of every house. Even it has to be elegant and to make it so, you can add faux wood blinds to the bathroom interiors. When you select blinds for your bathroom you must be aware of some important aspects.
Think about moisture while selecting blinds for your bathroom
The bathroom is pretty different compared to other rooms of your home. The first thing is the privacy and you always want blinds that offer greater privacy compared to other rooms in your home. Moisture is always present in the bathroom and can affect the blinds when exposed to it. But since these blinds are made of faux wood, you wouldn’t have to worry about moisture, but you still need to be cautious while choosing.
Generally speaking, blinds are made using a type of wood or metal and they can be extremely stylish and beautiful. However, if they cannot offer the privacy you need, you cannot choose them for your bathroom. Another issue with common blinds including wooden blinds is that they are going to absorb the unwanted moisture in the bathroom and over a period of time; these blinds tend to warp and degrade. In short, they aren’t durable. The metal blinds also react with excess moisture. Quite naturally; their lifespan gets shortened.
Faux wood is the ideal option
In such a situation, you become compelled to use faux wood or plastic blinds for your bathroom. Plastic gives a cheap appearance and they often have a poorly constructed look. If you choose faux wood, you can achieve the same trendy look like other wood or metal blinds. These types of blinds have the capability to withstand an excess amount of moisture and they also offer a nice clean look. When it comes to cleaning and maintenance, fax wood always stands tall and the cost-effectiveness of these types of blinds is an added attraction. Also, these look quite appealing compared to the plastic blinds.
Get better protection from prying eyes
Nobody wants to have someone accidentally peep into their bathroom because of improper blinds. When you install conventional blinds, you cannot enjoy the much-needed privacy and warping or rust becomes a major issue as well. When you use faux wooden blinds, you will get better protection from all those prying eyes and these products offer high longevity in the bathroom.
You cannot compromise on anything while selecting blinds for your bathroom and adequate research must be done before making any decision. Ensure that these blinds are durable and would last for a very long period of time and you cannot find a better option than faux wooden blinds. They can be described as a solid choice for many years and achieving the modern look becomes an uncomplicated and cost-effective process.
Everybody is leading a busy life. Many people don’t realize the real impact of a freezer. You must select the right freezer size for your home to keep the foods fresh. Freezers help you store a lot of frozen goods and selecting the right machine makes all the difference. When selecting a freezer, you must decide about the size, brand, and color.
Chest freezers are popular, and there is no need to place them in the kitchen. You can keep them in the utility room. A chest freezer has access from the top, and it can hold large portions of food. It is a good choice for the larger household. These types of machines are available in different sizes, and you can easily find one that meets your needs.
Under counter freezer
If you are living in a compact home, you can select an under counter freezer to safeguard your frozen foods. It goes well with compact kitchens, and these models are available in graphite, white and black. Under counter, versions have freezer drawers for storing all your frozen goods with great ease.
Bigger households can go for upright freezers. These models look like fridges, but they are equipped with freezer drawers. The drawers allow you to have an easy viewing. They are available in different colors such as graphite, silver, and white. You can blend them with any kitchen design. If you have a fridge, you can match it with the freezer for maintaining your kitchen color coded and uniform. An upright freezer stores large quantities of foods and it is a very good option for larger households with a lot of family members. The models are also known as larder freezers.
When selecting a freezer, you must be aware of the quantity of the foods you want to store at a given time. It helps you determine the size of the freezer easily. There are a good number of online stores that sell high-quality machines, and you can make use of online discount sales offered by these stores to save a lot of money on freezer purchase.